Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles
We serve our patients and their families as if they were guests, by always delivering care in a safe, compassionate, respectful and responsive manner.
UPMC Bedford Memorial strives to be the leader in and driving force of healthcare in Bedford County as a non profit hospital, which has as its focus, the provision of high quality health care services and community outreach in the most cost effective, safe manner to the residents of and visitors to Bedford County.
- To assess the available and needed health care services
- To continue the assessment and provide for the changing needs in any way appropriate, knowing this may necessitate adding or changing services of the hospital
- To be a respected health care provider, recognized for excellence and exceptional service
- To provide quality general hospital and nursing facility services needed by the community and to be a leader in certain specialty areas
- To develop a system of health care services in partnership with the hospital’s medical/dental staff and the community, in order to provide the most appropriate level of care to the greatest number of people in need
- To maintain an environment that promotes satisfaction and opportunity for the employee, the physician, and the patient
- To maintain the hospital’s financial ability to support quality health care at a reasonable cost, in accordance with community needs and regulatory authority
- To demonstrate by actions and results the commitment to continuous quality improvement
Fostering a friendly, caring environment in which the patient comes first.
Conducting ourselves in an ethical and honest manner.
Meeting and exceeding expectations of those we serve. We value listening, caring, and being sensitive to the needs of others. We respond to patients, family members, each member of the hospital team, and whomever else we may serve in a manner that clearly indicates our desire not only to meet their needs, but also to exceed their expectations.
Accepting ownership and involvement in the common goals of UPMC Bedford Memorial, we value all people — those we serve and those with whom we work. We encourage people to express ideas and consider suggestions from others.
Recognizing and respecting our most valued asset and resource.
Achieving a cooperative spirit among hospital staff, medical staff, volunteers, and the community. We value continuously improving effective communication within the organization and with all the publics served by members of our team.
Responding to challenges and opportunities with innovation, creativity, and efficient management of resources. We value our resources and recognize that we will fulfill our mission only if we successfully manage our financial and other resources. Therefore, we actively create innovative, cost-effective systems throughout the organization to continuously improve the management of all resources used.
Continuously improving upon everything we do to achieve excellence in performance. This continuous improvement applies to people as well; we encourage personal growth and learning from all members of our team.
Patient and Environmental Safety
Prioritizing patient, employee, and visitor safety, which our leadership supports through a systematic, coordinated, and continuous approach to the improvement and management of patient safety.