Transplant Nephrologist: Medical Director of Kidney Transplant Program
UPMC Hamot has an opportunity for a Transplant Nephrologist in the Kidney Transplant Program.
- Appointment in the Department of Medicine partnering with surgical colleagues in the Starzl Transplantation Institute (STI) to develop a program with clinical research strengths in the areas of transplant nephrology and living donation.
- Potential for academic appointment.
Duties will include:
- Oversight and execution of medical aspects of pre- and post-transplantation care of kidney transplant candidates and recipients, both inpatient and outpatient. This would include direct involvement in the development of protocols for the management of these patients, pre- and post-transplant, and the monitoring of their outcomes.
- Oversight and execution of the medical aspects of the living donor program including pre- and post-care of living kidney donors. This would include direct involvement in the development of protocols for the management of these donors, inpatient and outpatient.
- Engage the local and regional communities through outreach activities to foster relationships and referrals.
- Coordination of multidisciplinary care of patients within STI.
- Active participation in the Transplant Patient Safety Council which provides oversight to the transplant specific Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program in accordance with all applicable CMS regulations.
- Collaboration with transplant administration on the operations of the kidney transplant program including clinical workflows and all applicable United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) bylaws and policies. Monitors compliance rates and implements plans of corrections to address any areas less than 95 percent.