Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
Safe Harbor's Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services treats young people who have complex emotional and behavioral needs that outpatient treatment can't address.
We provide short-term, intensive behavioral health interventions for children and young adults, ages 3 to 21 years old.
BHRS, formerly called “Wrap-Around,” is a strength-based program designed to “wrap” the child with care and support. The goal is to lessen the risk of needing inpatient, residential, alternative education, or out of home care.
Behavioral Health Issues We Address
Our team of licensed psychologists, master’s level therapists, and bachelor-level staff helps young people manage:
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD)/Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Behavior disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Mood disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
How the BHRS Team Can Help You and Your Child
Our BHRS teams:
- Work one-on-one with the child and their families at home, school, or in a community setting.
- Quickly assess concerning behaviors and create a strategy to replace them with positive behaviors.
- Tailor treatment plans to meet the unique needs of the child and family.
- Help kids and parents gain the skills they need to manage challenging behaviors more effectively.
The team will also help in many other areas such as:
- Managing mood, such as depression.
- Improving focus and overcoming ADD or ADHD.
- Conflict resolution techniques.
- Positive social skills and reduced aggressiveness.
- Managing emotions effectively.
- Design and implement a behavior modification plan.
- Time management and organization strategies.
- Enhancing family relationships and support.
- Expanding community resources and natural supports.
Who's Eligible for Behavioral Health Rehab Services?
Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services are for children and young adults, ages 3 to 21, who:
- Live in Erie County.
- Have a mental health diagnosis and meet state established criteria for medical need.
- Have medical assistance (an ACCESS card).
To schedule a psychological exam to start the referral process, call Cassandra Rhodes at 814-877-4097.