UPMC Hamot Sports Medicine
UPMC Hamot Sports Medicine offers preventive and rehabilitative physical therapy services for both the athlete and non-athlete in Erie, Pa.
As the Erie region’s most experienced facility for sports care — with over 30 years of treating orthopaedic injuries — we provide a full spectrum of services to meet all of the community’s sports medicine and physical therapy needs.
Our sports medicine experts include:
- Orthopaedic doctors
- Licensed physical therapists
- Certified athletic trainers
Sports Medicine Services and Orthopaedic Conditions We Treat
UPMC Hamot Sports Medicine offers a complete range of services and treats all types of orthopaedic conditions and sports injuries.
- Diagnostic clinics include x-rays for sports injuries with evaluation by an orthopaedic surgeon and physical therapist.
- Outpatient physical therapy for a variety of orthopaedic injuries.
- Athletic training services for high school sports teams throughout the Erie region.
- Physician coverage for local sports teams and sporting events.
- Preventive clinics and speaking engagements for the region, including seminars on current sports medicine topics for:
- ACL injuries
- Athletic injuries
- Back injuries
- General joint and muscle injuries
- Knee injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Total joint replacement
- Work-related injuries
- Emergency department referrals
Our Diagnostic Sports Medicine Clinic
UPMC Hamot Sports Medicine offers a diagnostic clinic for sports-related injuries for:
- Student athletes
- Seasoned competitors
- Weekend warriors
Our goal is to help prevent sports injuries and, if they do occur, provide specialized treatment and comprehensive rehabilitation services for a fast, complete recovery.
We also offer onsite x-rays, as well as rehabilitative services for non-athletes.