Comprehensive Foot and Ankle Care
For more information on musculoskeletal services at UPMC Mercy, contact UPMC Physician Referral at 1-800-533-UPMC (8762).
Specialized Care for the Lower Extremity
If you have problems with your feet or ankles due to diabetes, vascular disease, or injury, you know how painful and debilitating they can be and how difficult it can be to find a doctor who specializes in your particular needs. Our team offers a unique, multidisciplinary approach, including wound care, podiatry, orthopaedic, vascular, and plastic surgeries.
Conveniently located on the UPMC Mercy campus, we offer patients the convenience of on-site diagnostic testing and procedures. UPMC Mercy provides state-of-the art operating suites, convenient parking, and comfortable waiting rooms for family and friends.
Orthopaedic surgeons, podiatrists, and diabetes educators come together to form a unique multidisciplinary team. A nurse coordinator triages incoming patients to the appropriate doctors, minimizing your wait time and ensuring you see the right specialist from the beginning.
Our team uses a state-of-the-art digitized x-ray system that allows specialist to see x-ray results in real time. Our doctors also use advanced ultrasound and other state-of-the-art tools, including hand-held Doppler units and TCPo2 monitoring.
- Nail problems
- Bone fractures in the lower legs
- Skin ulcers
- Arthritis: both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Deformities: both Charcot and Cavovarus
- Adult club foot
- Hammertoe – a toe bends upward where it meets the foot, and downward at the joint
- Claw toes – all toes bend upward where they meet the foot and downward at the joint
- Flat foot – where the arch is flat and the entire sole touches the ground
- Tendonopathy – disease or dysfunction of the tendon
- Osteochondritis dessecans of the talus – an ankle condition resulting from loose cartilage
- Plantar fasciitis – an inflammation of muscle-protecting tissues in the side of the foot
- Length inequality in the lower legs
- Nonunion – the failure of a broken bone to heal
- Malunion – a crooked limb resulting from faulty healing of a broken bone