Giving to UPMC Shadyside
The Value of Your Gift
When you make a contribution to UPMC Shadyside, through the Shadyside Hospital Foundation, your gift goes directly to work, helping to improve patient care, research, and education, and providing doctors with quality facilities in which to practice.
Options you can choose to support include:
- Patient care, ranging from primary care to advanced specialty care
- Outreach projects, as part of the hospital's commitment
to community health
- Specialty care, including cancer care and screening programs
- Patients with heart disease, by building and equipping laboratories to support the practice of cardiology
- Education and research for medical residents, nursing students, and others
How You Can Give
- Cash — This is the most popular and convenient way to give to UPMC Shadyside. Your unrestricted gift goes where the need is greatest.
- Noncash gifts — You may be able to realize significant tax savings through noncash gifts, which include stocks, bonds, mutual funds, certificates of deposit, real estate, life insurance policies, works of art, and other forms of property.
- Planned giving — To achieve your charitable goals and provide benefits throughout your life, various planned giving options may offer tax advantages for you and your family as well as income for UPMC Shadyside.
- Matching gifts — You employer may have a policy of matching your contributions to nonprofit health care organizations.
The Shadyside Hospital Foundation receives and allocates gifts solely for the benefit of UPMC Shadyside and its programs.
With the help of generous donors, UPMC Shadyside restores life, health, and human dignity to families throughout western Pennsylvania and beyond. The people of UPMC Shadyside educate tomorrow's health care providers, investigate the causes and cures of illness and injury, and teach others how to enjoy healthier, fuller, and more productive lives.
For more information, call the Shadyside Hospital Foundation at 412-623-6600.