PsychCare+: The Right Care at the Right Time for Your Behavioral Health Patients
When your patient or client needs behavioral health resources, one simple call to PsychCare+ — 412-624-2000 — allows convenient access to needed help.
PsychCare+ is a service of Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC for mental health professionals. We help doctors, hospital staff, and community providers triage, manage, and intervene with patient referrals for behavioral health care.
PsychCare+ Benefits for Doctors and Mental Health Workers
PsychCare+ is convenient.
PsychCare+ has one phone number, 412-624-2000, that will get appropriate resources to your behavioral health patient such as:
- An inpatient admission.
- An outpatient referral for treatment.
- Mental health crisis and emergency services.
PsychCare+ is a time saver for behavioral health bed management.
The PsychCare+ team can:
- View behavioral health bed availability in real time, right from their computer screen.
- Find an open inpatient bed within the UPMC Behavioral Health Inpatient Service Line to meet your patient's needs.
- Arrange bed placement and admission directly to the inpatient units. This allows behavioral health patients to bypass an emergency department stay and improves the patient experience.
PsychCare+ gives you the answers you seek when you need them.
The PsychCare+ command center has:
- A staff of experienced clinicians, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Access to UPMC and community mental health providers to arrange outpatient appointments.
- An increasing number of patient options based on triaged need.
Contact PsychCare+ to Refer a Patient
For a patient referral, call 412-624-2000 — 24 hours a day, seven days a week.