Getting Around Pittsburgh
Part of the care we provide at UPMC Shadyside is helping our patients and their loved ones become familiar with their surroundings.
Pittsburgh is a continuously growing city with many resources and things to do during your stay.
VisitPittsburgh is the official tourism website for the city of Pittsburgh.
Here, you can find information about resources outside of UPMC Shadyside to help you feel more at home:
- Transportation — get driving directions or learn about Pittsburgh's public transportation services.
- Places to eat in Pittsburgh — discover all types of cuisines the “#1 Food City in the U.S.,” according to Zagat.
- Things to do — find shopping, family fun, museums, and more things to do in Pittsburgh.
- Places to stay in Pittsburgh — Find a hotel, B&B, or other place to lay your head.
- For family and friends of patients with serious or life-threatening illnesses, Family House provides a friendly, "home away from home" setting.