Our Intensive Outpatient Program for Children With OCD
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts and/or repetitive behaviors. While OCD can arise at any time during a person's life, it frequently emerges during childhood and adolescence.
The intensive outpatient program at Western Psychiatric provides more intense and frequent services than traditional outpatient treatment, but is less restrictive than an inpatient program.
About the Pediatric OCD Intensive Outpatient Program
Who we treat
- School-age children who have a primary diagnosis of OCD.
- Younger children on a case-by-case basis.
Nine hours per week, in the:
- Afternoon during the school year.
- Morning during the summer.
Your child's treatment
- Medication is a treatment option, but is not mandatory for participation in the program.
- The treatment team works with you and your child to determine if medication may be useful.
Call 412-235-5354 for more information about the Pediatric OCD Intensive Outpatient Program of Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC in Pittsburgh, Pa.