UPMC Voice Center
Voice disorders and conditions are often signs of other medical problems.
At the UPMC Voice Center, we evaluate and treat voice disorders for both the general public and those who use their voices professionally.
Our medical experts use state-of-the-art technology to provide a wide range of services for all types of voice disorders.
Specialty Care for Voice Disorders
The Voice Center offers a combination of behavioral, medical, and surgical treatment approaches for voice problems.
- Thyroplasty, arytenoid adduction, and vocal cord augmentation to restore your voice following vocal cord paralysis.
- Vocal cord microsurgery to treat vocal cord lesions such as polyps, cysts, and scars.
- BOTOX® injections of vocal cords to reduce tight, squeezed phonation and voice breaks caused by spasmodic dysphonia or essential tremor.
- Laryngeal reconstruction to repair a narrowed or injured throat or windpipe.
- Laryngeal microspot laser surgery to treat vocal cord problems such as bleeding.
- Voice therapy to rehabilitate and maximize the physiology of voice production.
- Singing voice therapy to rehabilitate the injured singing voice.
Research and Outreach
The UPMC Voice Center participates in numerous research opportunities as well as community outreach programs, including custom educational vocal health seminars.
Make an Appointment at the Voice Center
To make an appointment, contact the UPMC Voice Center at 412-232-SING (7464).