An ear, nose, or throat problem can be simple or complex. It might range from a sore throat to severe hearing loss.
Your PCP may suggest you see an expert in otolaryngology. That's a doctor with special training in head, neck, ear, nose, and throat disorders.
At UPMC, our ear, nose, and throat doctors (ENTs) take a team approach. An ENT often aligns their treatment with speech pathologists and hearing and balance experts.
Our Ear, Nose, and Throat Services and Treatments
At UPMC, we diagnose and treat a wide range of ENT issues.
We also have specialized clinics to make sure you get the right care for your ENT health concerns.
Allergy, sinus, nose, and sleep services at UPMC
Your breathing affects your well-being.
AT UPMC, we use cutting-edge techniques to diagnose and treat even the most complex cases.
Facial nerves and plastic surgery at UPMC
Our doctors treat people with Bell's palsy, synkinesis, and other facial nerve disorders. We also have plastic and reconstructive surgery options.
- Facial plastic surgery. We offer both surgical and nonsurgical treatments, such as liposuction, eyelid surgery, and Botox®.
- Facial paralysis treatments. We provide treatments and consult services for people with Bell's palsy and other facial paralysis conditions.
Hearing and balance treatments
UPMC experts treat people who have trouble hearing and speaking. We can offer care if you have an ear disease, hearing disorder, or balance problems.
- Audiology and hearing aids. We provide routine and special hearing tests and treat permanent hearing loss, tinnitus, and musicians' hearing problems.
- Ear and hearing services. Our experts treat hearing loss, dizziness, ear pain, and facial paralysis.
- Balance disorders treatment. We treat vertigo, dizziness, and other balance problems, often jointly with doctors in psychiatry and audiology.
Skull base tumors and head and neck surgery at UPMC
Our ENTs care for people who have tumors and other problems of the skull base, head, and neck. We work as a team with brain surgeons and other experts.
- Skull base surgery. Experts at UPMC use robotic surgery to treat pituitary and sinus tumors, cysts, and other skull base problems.
- Head and neck cancer care. We treat tumors affecting the salivary glands, thyroid, and skin, using minimally invasive techniques when possible.
- Salivary gland and infection management. We use minimally invasive surgery to remove salivary gland stones and offer treatments for salivary gland cancer and stenosis.
Voice, speech, and swallowing services
UPMC ENTs diagnose and treat issues that range from hoarseness and stuttering to cancer. We use advanced tools and treatments so you can speak and swallow again.
- Vocal health. We help singers, speakers, and others with vocal issues using voice therapy or microsurgery to remove polyps and cysts.
- Speech-language pathology. Speech-language experts work with ENTs to care for people with language, voice, and swallowing issues.
- Swallowing disorders. Our experts help to restore the ability to swallow to improve nutrition and quality of life.
Children's ENT care
Pediatric otolaryngology involves ear, nose, and throat problems in children. Common issues are ear infections, tonsilitis, and allergies.
Make an Appointment for ENT Care at UPMC
Our experts diagnose and treat a wide range of ear, nose, and throat problems.
You may receive a diagnosis in one visit or need to come back a few times for complex problems. Either way, you'll receive the best possible care from UPMC ENTs.
Make an appointment today at a UPMC ENT location near you.