Research and Training at the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
UPMC has long been a leader in cardiovascular care, with a rich history in clinical research and innovation.
At the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute, our patients benefit from having access to some of the most current and promising procedures and medications.
Our expertise in diagnosing and treating a large and diverse volume of patients, along with our commitment to advancing scientific discovery, has helped us develop a very strong catalog of research on heart and vascular diseases.
Exploring New Cardiovascular Treatments
Our clinicians, surgeons, and physicians conduct ongoing heart and vascular clinical trials and research studies to:
- Explore and employ new technologies to improve treatments for heart and vascular diseases.
- Delve into basic science questions to find out why people develop certain types of cardiovascular disease in the first place.
- Try to understand the genetics of heart disease, which may help us develop therapies to limit the severity — or even prevent — the disease.
Training Future Heart and Vascular Experts
The UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute, in partnership with the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, offers the following cardiovascular residency and fellowship opportunities:
- Cardiology Fellowship Training Program
- Cardiac Surgery Residency and Fellowship Training Programs
- Vascular Surgery Residency and Fellowship Programs