Local and National Palliative Care Resources and Groups
The UPMC Palliative and Supportive Institute has compiled a list of helpful resources both local and national that support patients, families, and professionals dealing with serious illnesses.
The groups listed here offer help with practical and financial matters, spiritual and religious concerns, psychological and ethical questions, adjunctive care, and more. If you need further assistance finding an organization that meets your specific needs, please get in touch with us.
Palliative Care Resources in Western Pennsylvania
National Palliative Care Resources
- All Things Palliative — Daily reviews of palliative care research, events, and other news, and a forum dedicated to the free exchange of information for palliative medicine health care professionals.
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine — Organization for physicians dedicated to the advancement of hospice and palliative medicine.
- Caregiver Action Network — Free education, peer support, and resources for family caregivers across the country free.
- Caregiver Champions — Program designed to give caregivers greater balance to their lives.
- The Conversation Project — Dedicated to helping people talk about their wishes for end-of-life care.
- ElderWeb — Links to information about health, financing, housing, aging, and other related issues for caregivers, family members, health care providers, and professional advisors.
- End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium — A national initiative dedicated to educating nurses in excellent palliative care.
- EPERC (End of Life/Palliative Education Resource Center) — Scholarly community dedicated to advancing end-of-life care.
- Family Caregiver Alliance — Programs, services, and advocacy for caregivers.
- Get Palliative Care — An introduction to palliative care for patients and caregivers.
- Growth House — Educational materials about end-of-life care, palliative medicine, and hospice care, as well as access to the best sites for life-threatening illnesses and bereavement.
- Hospice Foundation of America — End-of-life care resources and information for patients, families, and health care professionals.
- Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association — Professional organization for nurses in palliative care.
- Mesothelioma Support Group — National organization dedicated to increasing the awareness of Mesothelioma.
- National Association for Home Care and Hospice — Advocacy organization for the nation's home care and hospice organizations.
- National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Nurses — Professional organization offering specialty certification for all levels of the hospice and palliative nursing care team and administrators.
- National Cancer Institute — Accurate, credible cancer information.
- OncoTalk — Information for physicians and caregivers on improving communication about cancer.
- Today's Caregiver — Information, support, and guidance to help family and professional caregivers cope with the demands of caregiving.