Primary Care at UPMC
Quality Care. Familiarity. Access to Clinical Expertise.
When you choose a primary care physician, you establish a relationship that can benefit you not only through routine wellness services, but comprehensive treatment for chronic problems.
The benefits of having a primary care physician can include:
- Knowledge of your lifestyle and family history
- Non-emergency treatment for common medical conditions
- Maintenance of health care records
- Access to preventive care
- Disease or condition screening
- Monitoring of blood pressure, blood sugar, and/or cholesterol
- Referrals to specialists
UPMC’s board-certified primary care physicians have the expertise to handle most of your health care needs in the office and to coordinate referrals for specialty care and testing when necessary through UPMC’s vast network of clinical expertise and quality resources.
UPMC Primary Care physicians provide care at these UPMC Hospitals:
Primary Care includes:
- Family Medicine – physicians who treat patients of all ages. Usually have training in a number of medical disciplines.
- Internal Medicine – physicians who treat adult patients, and diagnose and treat diseases in adults without surgery. May have subspecialty in specific area or age group.
- Pediatrics – physicians who care for children, from newborn through adolescence.
- Hospitalists – physicians who are on-site at UPMC Hospitals caring for patients