Services at Canterbury Place
For patients who require 24-hour nursing care, Canterbury Place offers the following specialized services on site:
- IV therapy
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Total parental nutrition (TPN)
- Would care services
- Short-term rehabilitation
- Hospice care
- Respite care
- Feeding tubes
- Respiratory care
- Pastoral care
Canterbury Place’s short-stay rehabilitation program, run by the UPMC Centers for Rehab Services (CRS), offers an alternative for patients who can tolerate only a few hours of rehab a day or whose medical issues prohibit recovery at a rapid pace.
In collaboration with the Institute and CRS, Canterbury Place offers a strong patient-focused Rehab program, allowing patients to move through patient-appropriate levels of therapy as they progress. As a result, residents reap the combined benefits of outstanding physical, occupational, speech, and restorative therapies as physicians work to develop new treatments that are shared across UPMC.
The skilled nursing and rehabilitation unit provides convenient access to the well-equipped, spacious therapy area where patients are treated with a wide variety of diagnoses, including but not limited to orthopedic, neurologic and cardio pulmonary problems.
For patients dealing with short-term memory loss and dementia-related illness, including Alzheimer’s disease, specialized memory support services are available at Renaissance Hall, Canterbury Place’s state-of-the-art skilled nursing memory care unit.
Renaissance Hall amenities include:
- 32 bed unit with Dutch doors, creating a sense of privacy, and enabling visibility for caregivers to monitor patients
- Warm and inviting homelike setting
- Secured unit conveniently located on the ground floor with a security camera for an added layer of security
- Newly renovated patient bathrooms
- Cozy lounges with fireplaces and spacious dining areas
- Social gatherings and stimulating activities to engage the body, mind, and spirit of each patient
- Beautiful, secure, outdoor courtyard and garden
Supportive Care Services
Through the On-site UPP Geriatric Clinic, residents of Canterbury Place also receive:
- Comprehensive geriatric assessments
- Primary and specialty care
- Health education
- Dental, eye, audiology, podiatry and psychiatry services
- Counseling and psychotherapy for patients and families
- Telemedicine to provide remote assessments of patients by fellowship trained Geriatricians
Our facility offers a 12-bed, in-patient hospice unit, run by Family Hospice and Palliative Care.