UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute at
For more than a half century, UPMC Mercy has been a regional leader in the screening, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with heart disease. The first hospital in western Pennsylvania to perform cardiac interventions, UPMC Mercy provides patients with outstanding cardiovascular services — and compassionate care in the Catholic tradition — from diagnosis through recovery.
The UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute at UPMC Mercy offers convenient access to comprehensive heart and vascular services all in one location, with high-tech diagnostic procedures and a range of innovative treatment options.
Our cardiologists, cardiac and vascular surgeons, and allied practitioners work in collaboration to provide individualized treatment plans for each patient, even for the most challenging conditions.
Emergency support is available 24/7, year-round, for patients experiencing heart and vascular problems. We also offer comprehensive outpatient cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services.
Comprehensive Cardiovascular Care
- Preventive cardiac care, including lipid analysis and management
- Lifestyle intervention, such as nutrition, exercise, and stress reduction counseling
- Advanced heart failure management
- Atrial fibrillation treatment and education
- Atrial arrhythmia management with pacemaker and defibrillator follow-up
- Enhanced external counter pulsation (EECP)
- Hypertension management program
- Women’s heart disease management
- Treatment for aortic aneurysms and acute aortic syndromes
- Comprehensive management of carotid artery disease
- Comprehensive diagnostic services, including:
- Holter and event monitoring
- Microvolt T-wave alternans testing
- Noninvasive diagnostic vascular imaging