Primary Care at UPMC East
At UPMC East, our focus is on your total health and wellness. That’s why we encourage you to coordinate your care with a primary care physician (PCP) or family doctor.
Your PCP can help ensure that you routinely receive the best care possible to prevent and treat illness.
Benefits of Having a Primary Care Physician
Having an established relationship with a PCP means that you have a doctor you’re comfortable with — someone you can rely on for many of your health care needs.
Your PCP at UPMC East will:
- Know you and your health history.
- Maintain your health records.
- Be your resource for tips and advice about staying healthy.
- Provide routine exams and treatments for common to complex medical problems.
- Screen for diseases and conditions.
- Provide preventive care, early intervention, and treatment of illnesses.
- Keep a close eye on acute or chronic illnesses to ensure you receive required treatment.
- Coordinate your care and refer you to specialty services.
Our Primary Care Physicians at UPMC East
At UPMC East, we have about 100 PCPs on staff and dozens of practice locations in your community.
Our PCPs can help you access a range of health care services at UPMC East, including:
- Diagnostic imaging
- Cancer care
Find a Primary Care Physician
To find a PCP near you, call 1-800-533-8762 (UPMC) or visit our Find A Doctor website.