LiveWell Cancer Survivorship Program
It is common for cancer survivors to have questions and medical concerns that require individualized attention. The goal of the LiveWell Cancer Survivorship Program is to help make the transition to survivorship as seamless and comfortable as possible. The program offers tools, support services, and educational opportunities to help survivors live well-rounded, productive, and fulfilling lives after cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Our oncologists and survivorship care team work with each survivor to improve his or her quality of life, providing comprehensive, personalized care that’s both time and cost efficient. We also maintain close contact with each survivor’s current health care providers to assure continuity of care.
We deliver specialized expertise, including:
- Surveillance for cancer recurrence
- Prevention and management of the short- and long-term effects of treatment
- Follow-through with the health regimen prescribed by your physician(s)
- Lifestyle, including nutrition, physical activity, and nicotine and alcohol cessation
- Adjustment to life after cancer
- Coordination of care
For more information, call Bayview Breast Care at UPMC Hamot at 814-877-3900.
The Regional Cancer Center offers education sessions for cancer survivors. Learn more here.