Cancer Services at UPMC Hamot
UPMC Content 2
The UPMC Hamot cancer program is led by a dynamic team of professionals who work together to ensure that a multidisciplinary approach to diagnosis and treatment is provided to you.
Board certified physicians in:
- Radiologists and pathologists are regularly involved in diagnosis and treatment planning for cancer patients.
- The only board-certified palliative care physician in the region.
- Expert nursing care:
- Over half the nurses who care for our oncology patients are certified to give chemotherapy based on the standards of the Oncology Nursing Society.
- A number of our staff members are oncology nurses certified by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation.
- Breast Health Navigators are on staff to help patients with breast cancer move easily and quickly across the continuum of care by facilitating referrals, tests, and treatments.
- Psychologists and counselors are available to meet patient, family, and caregiver psychosocial needs.
We enjoy the prestigious reputation of being certified as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer (CoC). We have maintained this certification since 1977.
Receiving care at a CoC-approved cancer program ensures that you will receive:
- Comprehensive, multispecialty care
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Lifelong patient follow-up
- Quality care close to home
- Access to:
- Cancer-related prevention and early detection programs
- Cancer education
- Support services
UPMC Hamot also ensures comprehensive care through partnerships with select other medical institutions, including: