Possible Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Symptoms of breast cancer, particularly in the early stages, are often not acute or intense. But as the tumor grows, it may change how the breast looks and feels.
Breast cancer warning signs
Some breast cancer symptoms to look for are:
- Lumps or thickening of breast tissue
- Swelling, warmth, redness, or darkening
- Change in the size or shape of your breast
- Dimpling or puckering of the skin
- Itchy, scaly, sore, or rash on the nipple
- Pulling in of your nipple or other parts
- Nipple discharge that starts suddenly
- New pain in one spot that does not go away
However, early detection is key in beating breast cancer. Even if you have none of these symptoms, it is important for all women over 40 to get an annual screening mammogram.
Symptoms of Specific Breast Cancers
For additional information on the different symptoms you may have with each specific type of breast cancer, you may view the symptoms of each condition below: