Primary Care at UPMC McKeesport
Research shows that having an ongoing relationship with a primary care physician (PCP) — a doctor who knows you, your family, and your medical history — can make you healthier.
Your PCP and You: A Healthy Relationship
The more your doctor knows about you, the better he or she can care for you today and in the future.
During a check-up, your PCP can screen for “silent” diseases — ones you may not know you have — such as:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Some forms of cancer
If your PCP detects a problem, he or she will work with you to address it and track your progress.
Other benefits of having a PCP
Your PCP at UPMC McKeesport will also:
- Treat all kinds of health conditions, from common to complex.
- Maintain your health records.
- Provide preventive care, vaccinations, and tips for staying healthy.
- Keep a close eye on your blood pressure, blood sugar, or cholesterol.
- Provide access to a range of health care services and specialties at UPMC McKeesport and throughout the entire UPMC health care network.
Convenient Access to Quality Primary Care
UPMC McKeesport partners with nearly 40 primary care physician practices throughout the Mon Valley.
With many convenient locations — including offices on or near the UPMC McKeesport campus — our PCPs offer:
- The expertise to handle most of your health care needs.
- Compassionate care for chronic and ongoing health problems.
- UPMC inpatient and outpatient services.
- In-office services, from routine check-ups to x-rays.
- Extended hours at many practice locations.
Your PCP is the main link between you and a team of medical professionals who can ensure that you get complete care over your entire lifetime.
“Having a PCP you know and trust to provide you with quality care will give you and your family greater peace of mind,” says David Harinstein, MD, a primary care physician at HealthFirst Medical Associates-UPMC.
Find a Primary Care Physician
To find a UPMC McKeesport PCP near you, call 1-800-533-8762 (UPMC) or visit our Find A Doctor website.