UPMC Passavant Patient Pavilion
Located at UPMC Passavant-McCandless, the Patient Pavilion has a dedicated spine care unit where our nationally recognized neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons use the most advanced surgical treatments for a full range of spine conditions and disorders.
A Conservative Approach
Back and neck pain can at times, be treated successfully with nonsurgical therapies and rehabilitation. We start with the least invasive approach to relieve your pain, restore function, and improve mobility
When surgery is needed, our team of surgeons, doctors and therapists provide comprehensive pre- and post-operative care to help maximize the success of your surgical procedure. Our nationally respected surgeons offer the latest non-invasive neck and spine procedures at the state-of-the-art Patient Pavilion at nearby UPMC Passavant-McCandless, featuring custom designed neurosurgical operating suites, as well as spacious, private patient rooms.
Advanced Operating Suites
The spine care unit’s neurological operating suites are custom designed for use in spinal surgery. Each is equipped with the latest technology, including specialized software used during surgery to create a 3-D model of the spine in seconds for a real-time view of the patient’s anatomy.
Leading in technology and specialized equipment:
- State-of-the-art microscopes that enable surgeons to make smaller incisions and identify pathology with less muscle dissection
- High-definition multiple screens that allow the surgeon to see the x-ray and other diagnostic studies from different angles without moving away from the operating table
- Two-way communication by voice and pictures allow a surgeon at UPMC Passavant to communicate with other surgeons and health care providers. This technology also is used for teaching and training purposes
As a patient in the Patient Pavilion, you’ll stay in a comfortable, spacious, and private room where you’ll be cared for by a team of special nurses and health professionals dedicated completely to spine care. If you desire, a family member can stay with you following surgery.
Our multidisciplinary team of nurses, physical and occupational therapists, and social workers will work together to provide comprehensive postoperative care and optimal discharge planning for you and your family.
Conditions We Treat
- Arthritis of spine or spine joints
- Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar disorders
- Compression fractures of the spine
- Degenerative disk disease
- Facet joint degeneration
- Herniated/ruptured disks
- Myelopathy and radiculopathy
- Osteoporosis of the spine
- Pinched nerve
- Spinal tumors
- Spinal infections
- Tethered spinal cord