Latterman Family Health Center
Our Family Health center and Residency program has been serving the needs of families of the Mon Valley area since 1974. Latterman Family Health Center has been in its current location (2347 Fifth Avenue – McKeesport, PA 15132) since 1999.
Here our family doctors, along with resident physicians preparing for careers in family medicine, provide medical care to all members of a family: infants, children, parents, grandparents, and pregnant moms.
At Latterman Family Health Center, we focus on preventive medicine, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and chronic disease management.
Latterman Family Health Center is an NCQA Level III certified Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). Part of being a PCMH site is that you will be cared for by a team of health care providers (Doctors, Pharmacist, medical assistants, Nurses, and Case managers). You will be always informed and involved in any decision making process affecting your care.
Latterman Family Health Center
2347 Fifth Ave.
McKeesport, PA 15132
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday and Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Our Latterman Family Health Center offers multiple comprehensive services that cover all aspects of Family Medicine. For your convenience we offer these services on site.
- Primary medical care for all family members for acute and chronic conditions including Mental Health
- Nurse visits, including blood pressure checks, allergy shots, WIC forms, etc.
- Comprehensive adult health care and health screenings
- Geriatric care
- Prenatal care for expectant moms
- Pediatric care, including well-child checkups, immunizations, and sick visits
- Gynecology and family planning services for all patients, including the uninsured or underinsured patients, through our Adagio Health program
- Comprehensive care to HIV-infected individuals and their families
- Lab services, including blood draws, throat and urine cultures, and blood glucose tests
- On-site social work services
- Medication consultations with pharmacists
- School and work physicals
- Minor skin surgery and stitches
- Hearing and vision testing
- Access to our network of physicians 24/7
- Health education classes, such as smoking cessation
- House calls in the area if needed for your condition
- Sleep disorder Clinic weekly on site
- OB/GYN specialty clinic weekly on site
- Psych clinic weekly on site
- Comprehensive care to HIV-infected individuals and their families.
Features and Amenities
- Same-day appointments available for sick patients
- Free parking
- Convenient location
- Most insurances accepted
- Assistance available for those without insurance through referral to the 9th St Clinic at McKeesport.
Information for Patients
To schedule an appointment, call the health center between 8 am and 4:30 pm at 412-673-5504. Briefly explain the reason for the appointment to the receptionist. Most appointments can be scheduled to accommodate patients’ needs.
If you must change your appointment, call us at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time. This courtesy allows us to schedule another patient for care. The receptionist can reschedule your appointment at that time.
Refilling Your Prescription
The easiest and fastest way to get your prescriptions refilled is at your next office visit. However, if your prescription will run out before your next visit, please call 412-673-5504 for a refill. Please call for refill before you run out and allow 1-2 business days for prescriptions to be filled.
Certain medications, such as narcotic pain medications, may not be refilled without an appointment. When you call, be ready to give the following information:
- Your name and the correct spelling
- Your birth date or Social Security number
- Your physician’s name
- Prescription name and strength
- Pharmacy name and phone number
MyUPMC is an Internet-based tool — available 24 hours a day, seven days a week — that enables patients to communicate more conveniently and more effectively with their doctor's office.
With MyUPMC, patients have the opportunity to:
- Schedule appointments and request cancellations
- Update demographics, including contact information
- Submit billing and other customer service questions
- Submit updated insurance information
- Receive alerts about appointments
- View recent doctor visits
Sign up for MyUPMC.