Expert Care for the Holiday Break. Or Sniffle.
It may be the most wonderful time of the year, but that doesn’t mean it’s certain to be free from illness or injury. So if you need us to get your holidays back on track, we’re here to help.
With UPMC Altoona's and UPMC Bedford Memorial's extensive network of health care services and providers, our experts are always close to those you care about most.
Our Emergency Departments (EDs) provide 24/7 care, 365 days a year. They are staffed with a team of experts, including board-certified emergency medicine physicians, who are specially-trained to treat all types of medical emergencies and provide comprehensive care.
- Full-service ED with comprehensive services including cardiology, trauma and burn, behavioral health, imaging, and women’s health
- Accredited Chest Pain Center offers higher level of expertise in dealing with patients who arrive with symptoms of a heart attack
- Telemedicine uses videoconferencing to link patients with experts from Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC for consults
- Specialists in obstetrics, urology, ear nose and throat, orthopaedics, and general surgery are always on call
- Telemedicine uses videoconferencing to link patients with experts at the UPMC Stroke Institute to assess possible stroke patients and provide timely treatment
- Air evacuation by helicopter available if a situation arises where a patient must be flown to another hospital
Primary Care Doctors
Our primary care providers (PCPs), physician assistants, and nurse practitioners offer complete care for the entire family.
They provide care in a number of areas, including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics.
- Twenty-two office locations in Blair, Bedford, and Huntingdon counties, thousands of locations system-wide
- Over 50 primary care physicians in the Altoona area
- Walk-in Center at Station Medical Center
- Office locations in Bedford, Everett, Fishertown, New Paris, and Saxton
- 15 primary care physicians in the Bedford area
- Walk-in Center located inside UPMC Bedford Internal Medicine
- Fully accredited regional trauma center fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals
- Life-saving surgery and care available within minutes of arrival
- Provides care to trauma patients from 20 counties
- Phone: 814-889-6157
- 24/7 online medical care, 365 days a year – from wherever you are in Pennsylvania
- Treatment for ages 3 and up
- Receive a diagnosis and treatment for many common symptoms