Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. It accounts for 1 out of every 4 deaths.
People of any age, race, or sex can suffer from heart disease.
The Heart Center doctors at UPMC Chautauqua combine years of expertise with the latest treatments and technology. They diagnose, treat, and help people heal from all forms of heart disease, bringing you world-class care close to home.
Our goal is to help you live your best life through cutting-edge treatments, follow-up care, and lifestyle advice.
Contact UPMC Chautauqua Heart Center
To make an appointment for:
- Cardiac testing and rehabilitation, call 716-664-8137.
- A pacemaker or heart catheterization, call 716-664-8260.
Please bring a list of your current medications with you to all heart center appointments.
Heart Conditions We Treat
No matter what type of heart disease you have, UPMC Chautauqua Heart Center can help.
- Congestive heart failure
- AFib (irregular heartbeat)
- Bradycardia (too slow heartbeat)
- Congenital heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Cardiac syncope (fainting)
- Chest pain
Heart Center Tests and Programs
The UPMC Chautauqua Heart Center boasts a full range of tests and treatments, including:
- Heart catheterizations. Doctors place a long, thin tube into a blood vessel and then guide it to the heart. Once in place, they inject a contrast dye through the tube. Then, they take x-rays to check the heart's arteries, valves, and muscle function.
- Cardiac rehab. Our complete rehab program offers instruction and support to those healing from a heart attack or other heart or blood vessel problem. Our team of experts teaches you how to manage your lifestyle to promote healthy habits and prevent further heart disease.
- Echocardiogram. An echo test uses sound waves to create a picture of the heart. The pictures let your doctor check your heart valves, see how well they function, and detect problems.
- Nuclear stress test. This noninvasive imaging test uses advanced technology to detect coronary artery disease by assessing the heart's circulation.
Full List of Our Heart Health Tests, Treatments, and Programs
The UPMC Chautauqua Heart Center offers complete heart health care.
Other heart health diagnostic tools, units, and programs include:
- Holter monitors (portable devices that track heart activity)
- Inpatient and outpatient heart health education
- Monitored exercise
- Cardiac ICU
- Transesophageal echo
- Electro-cardioversion (to correct irregular heart rhythms)
- Emergency care
- Treadmill stress tests
- Medical treatment
- Pacemakers/automated implantable cardioverter defibrillators
- Children's heart clinic
- Tilt-table testing
- Post-op rehab
- Wellness and prevention
Why Choose UPMC Chautauqua for Heart Care?
When it comes to fighting heart disease, we're small enough to provide tailored care to meet each person's unique needs. At the same time, we're part of UPMC — one of the largest and most advanced health care systems in the world.
When you choose the UPMC Chautauqua Heart Center for care, you get:
- A kind and caring team.
- Personalized treatment.
- State-of-the-art equipment.
- One-stop service from emergency care to rehab.
- Community wellness programs.
- Heart center navigator services.
Our Team of Heart Experts
Here at the UPMC Chautauqua Heart Center, we take a team approach to your heart care.
Your treatment team may include:
- Heart imaging doctors and technicians
- Adult and pediatric echo techs
- EKG techs
- Nuclear medicine techs
- Wellness specialists