E-Visits are available through the UPMC Central PA Portal for any adult who currently has an established relationship with a UPMC Central Pa. physician or advanced practice provider.*
Conditions We Can Treat with E-Visits
- Back pain – back pain is first treated by a primary care provider. If pain continues, you will be referred to a specialist.
- Diarrhea – our providers can help you determine if medication is needed. If not, we may recommend diet and lifestyle changes to help.
- Fatigue – is a feeling of constant tiredness or weakness and can be physical, mental or a combination of both.
- Female Birth Control – Birth control, also known as contraception, is designed to prevent pregnancy. Find out about the different means available, how they work, and how effective they are. IUD and Implant will require an office visit. The Depo Provera will require an office visit to receive injections every 3 months. If necessary, your doctor may suggest you seeing a gynecologist especially for an IUD or Implant.
- Headache – a pain or discomfort in the head, face, or neck. Find out how to manage your pain. Headaches can be treated with medication, stress management and lifestyle choices.
- Heartburn – a burning sensation in the center of your chest caused by acid coming from the stomach back towards the throat. It's uncomfortable and often results in a sour or bitter taste in your mouth or back of your throat. If necessary, your doctor may suggest you see a specialist.
- Red eye – pinkeye doesn’t always need to be treated by a physician. However, it can be helpful for a provider to evaluate if red and swollen eyes are a result of pinkeye, a stye, or allergic reaction.
- Sinus, cold and cough – sinus inflammation may hinder the ability for mucus to drain. While antibiotics may not always be necessary for treatment, they are available
- Urinary Issues – from incontinence to urinary tract infections, our providers can help diagnose and treat a range of common urinary problems.
- Vaginal Issues – learn more about what’s causing vaginal discharge, itching, burning or odors, and how these can be treated.
If you need treatment for a condition other than these, you can make an appointment with your primary care provider or visit a UPMC central Pa. Urgent or Express Care.
*Not all providers will offer E-Visits however, all UPMC in central Pa. primary care patients will have the option to do an E-Visit with another UPMC central Pa. provider who does.
Cost of E-Visits
E-Visits cost $38. You may pay with a credit or debit card, or with a health savings account.
Request An E-Visit Today!
- Login into your patient portal account OR download the UPMC Central PA Portal app in the app store.
- Navigate to Schedule an Appointment and click on E-Visit.
- Accept the E-Visit terms and conditions.
- Submit your E-Visit.
- You will receive a response back within 24 hours with treatment options.
E-Visits are not for emergencies. If you have an urgent medical need, call 911 — or visit your nearest emergency department or urgent care facility.
*MyChart® licensed from Epic Systems Corporation © 1999 - 2018