— UPMC Pinnacle
today broke ground for the new UPMC Outpatient Center expected to open spring 2020. The center will include a variety of important services ranging from primary and specialty care, to laboratory and imaging services, all under one roof.
“Currently, we have several facilities throughout the South Hanover community from Baltimore Pike to Grandview Road, and many of these facilities have outgrown their current space,” said Mike Gaskins, senior vice president for UPMC Pinnacle and president of UPMC Hanover and UPMC Memorial. “The new UPMC Outpatient Center will provide the community with a centralized location to receive these services and allow us to expand and meet the needs of the ever-growing South Hanover community.”
When completed, the UPMC Outpatient Center will include:
- Primary care
- Express Care – walk-in family care and occupational health services
- Comprehensive laboratory and imaging services – general x-ray, mammography, bone density, ultrasound, MRI and CT scan services
- Specialty care, including endocrinology, orthopaedics, rheumatology, cardiology and pulmonology
- Physical medicine and rehab services provided by Select Medical
- Community meeting space
“When Hanover Hospital joined the UPMC Pinnacle family in September 2017, we made a commitment to enhance services, invest in new technology and recruit new providers,” said Philip Guarneschelli, president and CEO of UPMC Pinnacle. “The new UPMC Outpatient Center in South Hanover reflects this promise.”
Since 2017, UPMC Pinnacle has implemented a wide range of improvements:
- With an investment in a da Vinci surgical robot, Hanover surgeons have completed more than 150 general surgery and gynecological robotic procedures.
- Upgrades in lab and imaging equipment are improving efficiencies and patient outcomes.
- Implementation of the Epic software unified the electronic medical record system for all UPMC Pinnacle hospitals. Patients have one portal, and providers can access patient records throughout the system.
- UPMC Pinnacle Hanover will welcome additional cardiologists later this summer.
The groundbreaking ceremony also featured Denny Freudeman, president of Hplex Solutions and site developer; Pa. State Representative Kate Klunk; Chris Reilly, York County commissioner; Marc Woerner, West Manheim Township supervisor and Gary Laird, president of Hanover Chamber of Commerce.
PHOTO INFO: (click image for high-res version)
Caption: Groundbreaking ceremony for new UPMC Outpatient Center