Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC has once again been recognized as one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country, earning a spot on this year’s U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.
It is the 8th consecutive year Children’s Hospital has appeared on the Best Children’s Hospitals list, which was released today.
“We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the best children’s hospitals in the country,” said Christopher Gessner, president, Children’s Hospital. “It is rewarding for our physicians, nurses and support staff, who every day work together with skill and passion to provide the best care for children and adolescents with the most complex medical conditions.”
The Best Children’s Hospitals rankings highlight the top 50 U.S. pediatric hospitals in each of 10 specialties: cancer; cardiology and heart surgery; diabetes and endocrinology; gastroenterology and GI surgery; neonatology; nephrology; neurology and neurosurgery; orthopedics; pulmonology; and urology.
Children’s is ranked 9th on the honor roll and is ranked in all 10 of the specialties.
The 2017-18 Best Children’s Hospitals rankings will be released online today and will be published in the “Best Hospitals 2018” guidebook, available in September.
The Best Children’s Hospitals rankings were introduced in 2007 to help families of children with rare or life-threatening illnesses find the best medical care available. The rankings open the door to an array of detailed information about each hospital’s performance.
The other hospitals named to the Honor Roll of Best Children’s Hospitals for 2017-18 are:
1. Boston Children’s Hospital
2. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
3. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
4. Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston
5. John Hopkins Children’s Center, Baltimore
6. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
7. Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
7. Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
9. Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
10. Children’s National Medical Center, Washington D.C.