WHAT: The Magee-Womens Research Institute (MWRI) will award the $1 million Magee Prize to a collaborative team of scientists during the inaugural Magee Prize Dinner. The prize will fund innovative research in reproductive sciences and women’s health that aims to improve lives globally.
- Lara Logan, 60 Minutes correspondent
- Kelly Frey, WTAE-TV anchor
- Michael Annichine, president and chief executive officer, MWRI
- Yoel Sadvocsky, M.D., executive director, MWRI
- Leslie Davis, president, UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital
- Sandy Mellon, Richard King Mellon Foundation
- Over 400 guests, including women’s health reserachers, community advocates and local leaders
WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018
- 5 p.m., cocktail hour
- 7 p.m., opening remarks
- 7:30 p.m., dinner
- 8:30 p.m., presentation of the Magee Prize
WHY: The Magee dinner and prize are part of the Magee-Womens Research Summit, which will bring together top scientists, researchers and corporate leaders focused on women’s health.
WHERE: David L. Lawrence Convention Center, 1000 Fort Duquesene Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA
Note to Media: Members of the media can park in the Convention Center garage and take the elevator to the ballroom level. To receive photos after the event via email, please contact Amy Charley at 412-738-3511 or CharleyA@upmc.edu.