The UPMC Chautauqua Women's and Maternity Care Center offers extraordinary care for mothers and newborns.
You'll find a warm, family-centered unit where you can labor, give birth, and recover in one place.
A Center for the Safe, Healthy Birth of Your Child
UPMC Chautauqua offers everything expectant parents need for a safe, healthy birth.
Our maternity unit has:
- State-of-the-art labor and birthing suites.
- A surgical suite and recovery room for C-sections.
- Postpartum rooms.
- A newborn nursery.
- Outpatient/triage rooms.
Maternity Services We Offer
UPMC Chautauqua offers patient-centered care for pregnant women in a safe, relaxed setting.
The Maternity Care Center offers:
State-of-the-art labor and delivery rooms
Our labor and delivery rooms offer ample space so your loved ones can help you welcome your new arrivals. We offer the latest birthing techniques and pain relief options.
A cutting-edge C-section suite
Women who need a C-section give birth in a high-tech surgical suite. And we offer a separate room for you to heal after your C-section.
After care for new mom and baby
You and your new baby will spend the rest of your stay in one of the unit's 12 postpartum recovery rooms. Our team provides care and support in the first days after birth. We also offer follow-up care for women who had C-sections.
Soon after birth, you can enjoy your baby's first feeding. Our nurses offer one-on-one breastfeeding support.
Why Choose the Maternity Care Center at UPMC Chautauqua?
You have access to the benefits of a world-class birthing unit close to home, like:
- Patient-centered care. We tailor care to each birth and the needs of each mom-to-be.
- Family involvement At your doctor's discretion, you can have loved ones be part of the birthing experience.
- Innovative birthing options. You have access to the latest in birthing methods, such as water massage therapy and birthing balls.
- High-tech help. State-of-the-art equipment includes fetal monitoring, anesthesia options, and a bed that pulls apart for giving birth.
- A team approach. Your birthing team may include nurses, doctors, and midwives.
- A safe and secure center. A multi-level, state-of-the-art security system protects newborns and gives families peace of mind.