Gifts of the Heart volunteers at UPMC Community Osteopathic work tirelessly behind the scenes to provide handmade items to be distributed to various departments.
If you have a talent for knitting, crocheting, or sewing you should consider becoming part of this incredible group.
Their contributions include:
- Baby caps. Every baby born at UPMC hospitals receives a gift of love and caring in a beautifully hand-crafted baby cap.
- Baby clothes and layettes.
- Peri-natal bereavement program. Beautiful bereavement buntings, covers and hand painted memory boxes.
- Children’s supplies and toys. Our Pediatric Department receives art supplies, activity packets and books. Young patients receive new stuffed animals and Hug-A-Bears to bring them comfort while they are away from home.
- Clothing for patients in need. Donated sweaters, scarves, caps, gloves and mittens are distributed during the colder months to outpatient areas.
- Head coverings for chemotherapy patients. Our Cancer Center receives donations of winter and summer head coverings for the chemotherapy patients.
- Spiritual Care prayer shawls.
- Rehabilitation unit gifts. These include lap robes, comfort pillows and wheelchair and walker totes.
Complete the Volunteer Information Sheet (PDF) and fax it to 717-782-3220.
Need to access your medical records? We have an app for that.
UPMC Central PA Portal providers patients across the central Pennsylvania region with secure access to their health information. It is the fastest way to send a message to your doctor, refill prescriptions, get test results, and schedule and manage appointments, including video visits.
Log-In or Sign Up Today