The Women’s Midlife Health Center at UPMC Magee-Womens Specialty Services offers specialized care for women in perimenopause and menopause. Our physicians have expertise in the management of menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, vaginal dryness, and decreased sexual desire. We provide well-woman gynecologic care for midlife women who have menopausal symptoms and are healthy, as well as women who have more complex medical needs.
The Midlife Health Center works closely with referring doctors and specialists to coordinate services and provide recommendations for care. We have established relationships with specialists in:
- Bladder function
- Endocrinology (thyroid, osteoporosis, and diabetes)
- Heart disease
The Women’s Midlife Health Center offers you two types of care:
- We provide support and specialized information on menopause and midlife health issues.
- We offer guidance on specific issues or problems, working in partnership with your regular doctor or health care provider.
- You can choose one of our doctors as your primary gynecologist.
- We also work closely with referring doctors and specialists to coordinate services and provide recommendations for care.
Symptoms We Treat
At the Midlife Health Center, we specialize in addressing the unique health care concerns of women over 35, including, but not limited to:
- Irregular bleeding
- Heavy bleeding
- Hormone imbalance related to menopause
- Hot flashes/night sweats
- Pain during intercourse
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Premature menopause/premature ovarian insufficiency
- Vaginal dryness/irritation
Why Choose the UPMC Magee-Womens Midlife Health Center?
- You get care from leading doctors who know the latest guidelines and best practices in women's health. They're also active researchers who are always working to find the next best gynecologic treatments.
- You have access to the latest technology such as imaging and minimally invasive robotic surgery. You may even be able to take part in cutting-edge research studies.
- If you need a higher level of care, we arrange your visit and transport to UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital in Pittsburgh. We then seamlessly handle your follow-up care at home.
Learn more about the Midlife Health Center (MLHC) at UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment call 814-877-8950.
5050 West Ridge Rd., 3rd Floor
Erie, PA 16506