- Vice Chair of Surgery, Surgical Oncology, UPMC Department of Surgery
- Chief, Surgical Oncology, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
- UPMC Chair, Clinical Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Chief, Division of Gastrointestinal Surgical Oncology
- Associate Professor of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Amer H. Zureikat, M.D., F.A.C.S., specializes in cancers and diseases of the pancreas, stomach, liver and duodenum, and practices state-of-the-art robotic surgery. He has trained and mentored surgeons nationally and internationally in robotic surgery.
His clinical and research interests focus on comparative effectiveness studies that evaluate outcomes of minimally invasive and robotic approaches to pancreatic and gastrointestinal cancers. He has more than 200 peer-reviewed publications, chapters and editorials on the safety, feasibility, learning curve and outcomes of these approaches. He also serves as principal investigator on several clinical trials.
Dr. Zureikat is board-certified in general surgery. He received his medical degree from the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin, Ireland, and completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Chicago Medical Center and his fellowship in surgical oncology at UPMC. Dr. Zureikat is a member of the Society of University Surgeons, Society of Surgical Oncology, and the Americas Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association. In addition, he is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.