- Cancer prevention and nutrition
- Smoking cessation
- Learn recommended guidelines for cancer screenings
- Meet the staff from the GI Lab
- Learn more about colonoscopies
- Bone density screening
- Blood pressure/circulation test
In addition, there will be free colon cancer screenings (FIT* kit) for eligible participants. You qualify if you:
- Are age 45 to 75 (76 to 85 for those in good health).
- Haven’t had a colonoscopy or stool tests for many years or ever.
- Have any kind of health insurance or no health insurance.
*The FIT test kit is a more sensitive and easier stool test done at home. A pre-paid mailer will be provided to interested parties.
Registration is required. Visit UPMC.com/Classes. For questions or more information, call 412-748-5762.
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cancer killer in the U.S. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
, colorectal cancer usually starts from precancerous polyps in the colon or rectum. Over time, some polyps can turn into cancer. Screening tests can find precancerous polyps, so they can be removed before they turn into cancer.
WHEN: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, Saturday, March 14.
WHERE: UPMC Passavant, 9100 Babcock Blvd., Pittsburgh, 15237.
Note to Media:
To cover this event, prior arrangements must be made by contacting Stephanie Stanley at 412-855-8690 or StanleySL@upmc.edu