WHAT: A series of diabetes management classes are now open for registration. The educational sessions are split over two days.
Program Cost: Insurance will be billed. Participants should check with their insurance company to find out if they are covered. A prescription is required.
- Nutrition and meal planning
- Monitoring and pattern control
- Being active
- Setting goals
- Travel tips
- Long term complications
- Sick days
- General health care
- Diabetes facts: Type 1 vs. Type 2
- Hyperglycemia (High blood glucose)
- Hypoglycemia (Low blood glucose)
Registration is required
. Call 1-866-334-5227 or register online at UPMC.com/Classes
WHY: Knowing how to successfully manage diabetes can seriously impact the quality of life for those living with the disease.
WHO: People living with diabetes.
- 5 to 9 p.m., Tuesdays, April 2 and 9
- 1 to 5 p.m., Wednesdays, June 19 and 26
- 5 to 9 p.m., Thursdays, Aug. 22 and 29
- 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., Saturdays, Oct. 19 and 26
Note to Media:
To cover this event, pre-arrangements must be made by contacting Stephanie Stanley at StanleySL@upmc.edu