- Ask the Pharmacist
- Cancer prevention and nutrition
- Smoking Cessation
- Learn recommended guidelines for cancer screenings
- Meet the staff from the GI Lab
- Learn more about colonoscopies
- Bone density screening
- Blood pressure/circulation test
In addition, there will be free Colon Cancer screenings (FIT* kit) for eligible participants. You qualify if you:
- Are age 45 to 75 (76 to 85 for those in good health)
- Haven’t had a colonoscopy or stool tests for many years or ever
- Have any kind of health insurance or no health insurance
Registration is required
. Visit UPMC.com/Classes
. For questions or more information, call 412-748-5762.
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cancer killer in the United States, but it doesn’t have to be. A colorectal cancer screening test could save your life. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
, colorectal cancer usually starts from precancerous polyps in the colon or rectum. Over time, some polyps can turn into cancer. Screening tests can find precancerous polyps, so they can be removed before they turn into cancer.
WHEN: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, Saturday, March 16
WHERE: UPMC Passavant, 9100 Babcock Blvd., Pittsburgh, 15237.
Note to Media:
To cover this event, pre-arrangements must be made by contacting Stephanie Stanley at StanleySL@upmc.edu