- Walk-in mammograms, no appointment needed**
- Speak with experts from
- Food and refreshments
- Giveaways, including free pumpkin decorating kits for kids to take home
- Also available, free flu-shots at UPMC Urgent Care Pleasant Hills from 8 a.m. to Noon, while supplies last.
- Masks are required regardless of vaccination status
**If interested in receiving a screening mammogram, please read the following:
While inside the building, you will be required to wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth and to practice other prevention efforts like physical distancing, even if you are fully vaccinated.
- A doctor’s order is not needed for your screening mammogram, but we do ask that you designate a doctor who you’ve seen in the past year to receive your results. If you don't have a doctor, we can help you find one.
- If you have health insurance, it will be billed for this screening mammogram. Women without health insurance are welcome and encouraged to come for a screening mammogram; assistance will be provided to cover the cost.
WHY: Local residents have access to the specialty services UPMC offers in Pittsburgh’s South Hills, and this event provides information on those services along with free health screenings. UPMC continues to address critical needs by expanding services, programs and access to care for patients in the region.
MEDIA AVAILABLITY 11 a.m. to 1p.m.
with Saul J. Silver, M.D.
, UPMC cardiologist and medical director, UPMC Outpatient Center,
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, October 16
WHERE: UPMC Outpatient Center, 275 Clairton Blvd., West Mifflin, Pa., 15236
Note to Media:
To cover this event, contact Stephanie Stanley at 412-855-8690 or StanleySL@upmc.edu
PHOTO INFO: (click image for high-res version)
CAPTION: UPMC Outpatient Center - Clairton