UPMC Hillman Cancer Center is accelerating breakthroughs in cancer research and bringing that expertise into clinical practice around the world. It is one of the largest integrated cancer networks in the United States, with more than 60 cancer centers in western Pennsylvania, Ohio and internationally. It also is the region’s only National Cancer Institute
-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. The development of a specialized center to elevate the focus on immunotherapy is the logical next step.
- Steven Shapiro, M.D., executive vice president and chief medical and scientific officer, UPMC
- Stanley Marks, M.D., chairman, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
- Robert Ferris, M.D., Ph.D., director, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
- Michael McKeever, UPMC immunotherapy patient
- Tom Grealish, president, Lemieux Board of Directors
WHERE: Herberman Conference Center, UPMC Cancer Pavilion, 5150 Centre Ave., Pittsburgh, 15232.
WHEN: 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, Nov. 13
Note to Media:
To cover this event, arrangements must be made in advance by contacting Cyndy Patton at 412-415-6085 or PattonC4@upmc.edu
**Interviews will be available, however, Mario and Nathalie Lemieux will not be available for interviews.