WHAT: With special guest, Mrs. Joanne Rogers, UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital is celebrating the legacy of Mister Fred Rogers’ universal kindness and acceptance. Participating in WQED’s Cardigan Day, the nursery will be transformed into Mister Rogers Neighborhood with newborns meeting their neighbors in style by sporting crocheted cardigans and sneakers, handmade by a UPMC Magee nurse.
• Mrs. Joanne Rogers, wife of the late Fred Rogers
• Richard Beigi, M.D., president, UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital
• Deborah Acklin, president and CEO, WQED
• Paul Siefken, president and CEO, Fred Rogers Productions
WHEN: Wednesday, November 13
• 10:20 a.m., meet in UPMC Magee lobby
- The event will take place on a secure, locked unit. It is highly recommended that media arrive on time.
WHERE: UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital, 300 Halket St., Pittsburgh, 15213.
Note to Media: To cover this event, or to have photos and video footage from the event emailed, please contact Amy Charley at 412-738-3511 or CharleyA@upmc.edu.