WHAT: Free educational session sponsored by Passavant Hospital Foundation as part of its mission to advance health and wellness in the community. Experts will discuss the causes and effects of strokes and heart problems, including new topics in heart surgery, vascular disease and more. The symposium features:
• Heart and stroke topics presented by UPMC Passavant physicians
• Blood pressure and cholesterol screenings
• Meet and greet staff and learn about services at UPMC Passavant
• Complimentary continental breakfast
WHY: Heart disease remains the number one cause of death in the United States. Prevention and early recognition are important when talking about all forms of heart and vascular issues.
TOPICS and WHO:
• What’s New in Heart Surgery by Pyongsoo Yoon, M.D., associate professor, cardiothoracic surgery
• Vascular Disease by Georges Al-Khoury, M.D., University of Pittsburgh Physicians
• Atrial Fibrillation by Sandeep Jain, M.D., University of Pittsburgh Physicians
• Updates in Stroke Recognition and Care by Erek Lam, M.D., University of Pittsburgh Physicians
• Taking Care of Your Heart by Lydia Davis, M.D., University of Pittsburgh Physicians
WHEN: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Friday, October 14
WHERE: Passavant Hospital Foundation Conference Center & Legacy Theatre, 700 Cumberland Woods Dr., Allison Park, Pa., 15101
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 412-748-6640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to Media: To cover this event, pre-arrangements must be made by contacting Stephanie Stanley at 412-586-9762 or StanleySL@upmc.edu.