PA Physician General to Join Local Physicians, Addiction Experts for Discussion
WHY: Drug and alcohol addiction impacts virtually everyone in our community.
WHAT: Family, friends, caregivers, concerned community members and people struggling with addiction are invited to an evening of sharing, discovery and exploring pathways to recovery.
This event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided. Seating is limited. RSVP recommended but not required, call 412-357-3700 or visit UPMC.com/NavigatingAddiction
Rachel Levine, M.D.,
Physician General for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Professor of Pediatrics and Psychiatry at the Penn State College of Medicine
Timothy Gaul, D.O.,
medical director of Behavioral Health and Addiction Services at UPMC East, Board-certified in family medicine, Diplomate of the American Board of Addiction Medicine
- Lawson Bernstein, M.D., chairman and medical director, Department of Psychiatry, UPMC McKeesport
- Keirston Parham, recovery and peer services coordinator, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC
- Vanessa Sebetich, assistant director of community services, Greenbriar Treatment Center
- Sue Soroko, program director, Intervention Services, Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services Behavioral Health
- Mitchell West, D.O., Gateway Rehabilitation Center
• Aging: An elderly family member is drinking and falls…again? Finding help for an elderly person with a substance use disorder.
• Teens and Drugs: Just found pills in your daughter’s room? Addressing prescription drug addiction and its consequences.
• Fired: Another DUI, positive drug test or job loss? Guiding your family back to health.
• Pain and Recovery: Navigating pain management for those with a history of substance use disorder.
WHEN: Tuesday, Jan. 24
• 5 to 6 p.m., meet/speak with area alcohol and drug treatment providers.
• 6 to 8 p.m., expert panel discussion on understanding treatment and recovery from addiction.
Note to Media:
To cover the event, prearrangements must be made by contacting Stephanie Stanley at StanleySL@upmc.edu