: UPMC Trauma Care System
30th Anniversary Gala/Life Savers celebration. Trauma survivors and the EMS who cared for them will be honored and share their stories. Additionally, the late Charles E. Copeland, M.D., founding physician of the UPMC Mercy Burn Center
, will be recognized.
WHY: UPMC is celebrating 50 years of burn care at the UPMC Mercy Burn Center & 30 years of trauma care in the hospital system. As the largest and most comprehensive trauma system in the region, our purpose remains consistent: to provide advanced, high-quality trauma care to the residents of our communities in their times of need.
• Alejandro Villanueva, Second Lieutenant, U.S. Army Rangers, and Pittsburgh Steelers left tackle (guest speaker)
• Steven D. Shapiro, M.D., executive vice president, UPMC
• Diane S Hupp, D.N.P., R.N., N.E.A.-B.C., vice president, Operations and Patient Care Services, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
• Michael Grace, president, UPMC Mercy
• John Innocenti, president, UPMC Presbyterian
• Donald M. Yealy, M.D., chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, UPMC
• Andrew B. Peitzman, M.D., vice president, trauma and surgical services, UPMC
• Harry Sell, M.D., chairman, Department of Surgery, UPMC Mercy
WHEN: 6 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 19
WHERE: Heinz Field
, UPMC Club, 100 Art Rooney Ave., Pittsburgh, 15212.
Note to Media:
To cover this event, contact Stephanie Stanley at 412-855-8690 or StanleySL@upmc.edu