Learning you have an aortic aneurysm or are at risk for developing aortic disease can be overwhelming.
Led by the experts at the UPMC Center for Thoracic Aortic Disease (CTAD), the Aortic Support Group is here for you.
This free support group is open to all patients and concerned family members who have:
- An abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Suffered an acute aortic dissection.
- A genetic condition that puts you at risk for aortic disease (Marfan syndrome, Loeys-Dietz syndrome, or Ehlers-Danlos syndrome).
Connect and share experiences with others while learning about your or your loved one's aortic disease.
What We'll Discuss at the CTAD Support Group
- Acute and elective surgery, including open and endovascular procedures.
- Aortic aneurysm and dissection diagnosis and treatment.
- Connective tissue disorders and genetic aortic disorders.
- How to get ready for surgery and how to cope with life after.
Contact the CTAD Support Group
If you'd like to join us or learn more about the CTAD Support Group, contact our support group coordinator at AorticSupport@upmc.edu.
Given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the support group will be online until we can safely meet in person.
You can join us online via:
- Cell or smartphone.
- Landline phone.
- Tablet or computer.