At the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute, we strive to make every visit you have with us a positive one. Whether you're seeing a cardiologist for the first time, having an outpatient procedure, or preparing for surgery, we want you to be informed, prepared, and ready for your visit.
Please review the information below before your appointment or procedure. If you have additional questions, feel free to contact us.
- What to bring
- Waiting times
- Arranging admission to the hospital
- Calling your insurance company
- Insurance reminders
- Disability claims
- Your bill and additional fees
Refilling Prescriptions and Getting Test Results
If you need to renew a medication we prescribed, please:
- Call your physician office several days before your last dose.
- Have the phone number of your pharmacy ready when you call us.
We will call the new prescription into the pharmacy. We cannot renew prescriptions for medications we did not prescribe for you.
- Your doctor or nurse will tell you the date on which test results are expected.
- We will call you with the test results.
- Please do not call our office before the day results are expected.
Learning About Your Condition or Treatment
We offer an array of educational information and videos about numerous cardiovascular diseases and treatments.
Many patients find this information to be helpful in answering their questions and preparing them for their procedure or diagnostic test.