Expert Eye Care
We offer comprehensive eye care team provides examination, diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of ocular, eye movement and vision system disorders.
What is Ophthalmology?
Ophthalmology is the study of the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the eyeball and orbit. An ophthalmologist is a physician who has completed medical school and four years of residency in ophthalmology, a fellowship in a particular specialty of eye pathology may then be sought to further their specialty. Ophthalmologists can medically treat eye disease, implement laser therapy, and perform incisional surgery.
Ophthalmology Services We Offer
- Cataract /IOL Management
- Routine and Complex Cataract surgery (including Toric and Presbyopia-correcting IOL options available) and Yag Laser Capsulotomy
- Repair of Intraocular Lens Complications (subluxation, dysphotopsia)
- Eyelid Lesion Removal
- Cataract Surgery (all intraocular lens options offered)
- Chalazion Incision and Curettage
- Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty
- Yag Laser Capsulotomy
- Laser Iridotomy
- Laser Retinopexy
- Trabeculectomy Surgery
- Pterygium Surgery
- Repair of Iris Disorders/Defects
- Repair of Intraocular Lens Disorders/Defects
Comprehensive Ophthalmic Care:
- Eyelid lesions and chalazia
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Conjunctival and corneal disease
- Iris defects (repair/reconstruction for post-surgical and traumatic defects)
- Retinal tears (laser retinopexy)
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinal vascular occlusive disease
UPMC offers comprehensive ophthalmology services in Williamsport.
John M. Wenner Building
1705 Warren Ave.
Williamsport, PA 17701
- Dr. Frey: 570-326-8800
- Dr. Adams: 570-320-7850
- Monday through Friday – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Learn more about ophthalmology at John M. Wenner Building.