The experts in the UPMC Department of Pathology use technologically advanced instruments and state-of-the-art molecular techniques to:
- analyze and diagnose disease
- find answers for you and your doctors
- provide information that makes a clear diagnosis possible
We employ techniques in:
- Anatomic pathology: We examine cells from specific organs and analyze any changes or abnormalities to help determine what might be wrong.
- Laboratory medicine: We test blood, urine, and other bodily fluids to diagnose and monitor disease to help your physician design the proper treatment plan.
- Molecular & genomic pathology: We perform tests on tissues and blood looking for genetic changes that cause disease or help to guide therapy.
We have the experience to apply the correct testing methods and analytic techniques to arrive at a diagnosis for a vast range of conditions.
Learn how you can help us help others by supporting our pathology research.