Office of Referring Physician Relations (OPR)
The Office of Referring Physician Relations (OPR) consists of five units:
MedCall: Patient Transfers and Consults
- Helps with urgent and non-urgent transfers.
- Referrals within UPMC and outlying hospital systems.
- Local and international.
- Works with STAT MedEvac.
- Provides adult consult services between hospitals.
- Telemedicine services.
- Sends emergency notice “ENS” alerts.
- Build relationships with referring doctors.
- Customer service and satisfaction.
- Promote UPMC doctors and service lines.
- Market UPMC Practice Solutions.
- Help with calls to MedCall for transfers and consults.