Physician Thrive: Powered by UPMC
At UPMC, we have a duty to create a setting that fosters both the physical and emotional well-being for us all:
- Our patients
- Our neighbors
- Our families
The leadership at UPMC recognizes the vital role healthy, passionate, and engaged caregivers play in fulfilling this duty.
We know the unique stressors our practicing modern doctors face and commit to:
- Partnering with UPMC faculty, trainees, and staff to learn the workplace factors that both promote wellness and lead to burnout.
- Advancing our current well-being resources and adding new ones tailored to meet your needs and those of our communities.
To achieve this goal, we started the Physician Thrive program in 2018.
Physician Thrive: Supporting Your Health and Well-being
Physician Thrive is a committee of doctors focused on:
- Learning the challenges you face.
- Expanding current well-being programs and resources.
- Creating new programs to promote your wellness and professional fulfillment.
Committee leaders include Jennifer Berliner, MD, and Joseph Losee, MD, with executive support from Steven Shapiro, MD.
Learn More About Physician Thrive