Check back for updates about classes and events
Proper diabetes management takes a lot of know-how. From blood glucose monitoring and insulin injection to diet and exercise, education is key to control. But there’s so much information out there. How can you make sense of it all?
Our diabetes education programs help you take the proper steps to promote your health. Our courses have received recognition from the American Diabetes Association for quality diabetes self-management education and cover a wide range of topics to help you manage diabetes.
- The Diabetes Self-Management Program is led by nurses, dieticians, and pharmacists. It teaches patients how to take control of the disease to help ensure a healthy life. The program offers people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes one-on-one counseling with diabetes nurse educators and registered dietitians.
- The Comprehensive Diabetes Self-Management Group classes include lectures, group discussions, workshops, demonstrations, audio-visual presentations, and healthy foods. Key topics include:
- General diabetes education
- Personalized meal planning
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Short- and long-term complications
- Activity and exercise
- Restaurant dining
- Sick days and travel
- Coping with stress
- Community resources
Call 412-488-5687 to schedule an appointment. Our staff can work with you, your doctor, and your insurance company to coordinate services.