The new UPMC Bedford GI Lab has been renovated to provide our patients with a modern, spacious procedure room, to promote better patient safety and quality in the comfort of a community hospital setting.
The lab includes:
- Two private, comfortable rooms, used for both pre-procedure and recovery.
- Two spacious procedure rooms.
- A spacious, comfortable waiting area for family members.
Services offered at the GI Lab include:
- EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy)
- Esophageal dilation
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastrostomy tube placement
- Hemorrhoid banding
- PEG (percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy)
- Transnasal esophagoscopy
For a referral to the UPMC Bedford GI Lab, contact your gastroenterologist or your primary care physician.
For more information, call Specialty Services at 814-623-3513.